Sunday, July 16, 2017

Day 21. Sunday

So here I sit on Sunday. 
Me and Annie. We're on guard duty of the camp. 

The camp is empty.  Everyone is at church and lunch after. It's been such a busy week. Over 900 km this week. By the time you get into camp everyday and do all your chores  shower and small groups , peloton meetings supper , bike prep its time for bed   I'm actually enjoying the quiet. This may sound shocking to most of you but I'm actually reading s book. I'm sure from my Spelling you thought I was barely literate. Your not wrong. I am enjoying the books from max lucado.  I finished glory days, based on josh.  It talks about the strongholds we have in our lives. Now I'm reading out live your life. (Were made to make a difference). It makes me think of my whole life. Not just this ride. How equipped am I to be a witness to others. Maybe once I have a bit more schooling or just a few more verses memorized. A couple more books read. God loves everyone. He used 15 common Galileans on penticost  not the people you think he would use. He wants to use you and me. Find out what and with whom you feel. What strikes a cord in your heart. Start with that. Pentecost makes a promise, if you are in Christ , God's spirit will speak through you. Something in your life that you feel compassion for? Don't be afraid to let God lead and guide you to make a difference. Even a small difference is a difference. A prayer you make and some actions to follow can make small and big differences in people's lives. There is nothing like living a simple life on seatosea to make you really think about how blessed you are. And how much you have. As we were riding down the road the last couple of days I noticed the sunflowers growing along the edge of the road.  I guess a truck or trucks travel that road full of them and some seeds fall out. Now on both sides there growing. All facing the same way. Towards the sun. I thought how could this just happen that a plant would turn and follow the sun all day. That screams creator. If we all just turn our heads to the Son and follow him all day imagine how awsome our day would be.   
Missing family and grandkids. Love you all  
Len. 

Found a couple of cars seeing as I don't have many pics.  



5 comments:

  1. Good to see your face Len! Also, it is good to read your straight forward words about how this experience is impacting you. I continue to pray for your safety and good health along this awesome journey of service to others. Keep up the good work!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Len & Carrie, Westside is missing you too. We are even planning a ribbon cutting when you get back - well not for just you two...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome truth Len ...your becoming a writer more and more each day..I would buy your first book ...God is not looking for perfect people ..He just wants willing hearts like yours..keep up the good work ..love you brother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops kind of new at this posted twice cause thought the first one didn't go ..ignore me..not as versed at blogging as you Len

    ReplyDelete