Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 17. Taber to Medicine Hat

So last night we had a great meal served in taber. Two pork farmers each made a hog. It was a great supper. 
Our intension today was to start slow and just take it easy. 

Well let's just say the plan didn't go too well. Ian started to pull and after 15 km at over 32 kmph he moved over.  Well then it was on. I pulled for a few km then bob and ed and Ruben pulled till the rest stop at.   34 km. We were motoring along. 

I didn't get a chance to take too many photos because of the pace. I saw a few bee hives in the fields that seemed to have little tents set up. 

We had homemade stroop waffles and lots of other food. It was awesome. 

I asked Carrie to get the recipe.  

Happy times. 

After the rest stop we started to go again. The pace was ramped up right away and after trying to latch on a few times Ruben and I just hung back and took it a bit easier. This is a typical sight. 

We passed sparky and his mom vikki. They stuck with us till the next stop. 
I'm getting good at talking to the animals so they pose nicely for my pictures. I feel like Dr Doolittle. That name kinda fits my biking style come to think of it. 

We were served burgers with Alberta beef. 
Sparky and katilen were all over it. 

It was a nice stop. We met back up with Ian and headed out again.  

Had to stop for a photo op at mr bean.  

Look at these two bean poles. 

Past the giant golf club. 

We've been passing this canal for days. It brings water from the mountains to the farms in the whole area. Fresh clean mountain water. 

Another stop for water and snacks. 

Christiana with the fluffy ear thinges. Yesterday my ears were ringing from the wind noise.   I wonder how well they work. 

Billy always watching out for us. 

Long straight roads. Real strong crosswind today. Made for tough going. 

You can see for miles. 

No relief from the pedalling. The hills seemed to only go up not down. When they finally did go down the wind would try to blow us back up the hill. 

It's big country out here. I saw a sign the said we were entering the badlands. 

Lars rest stop was at Big Marble farms. 
 
We checked in and got a tour of the place. It was amazing   I hunk I ate 8 cucs.  

We got a tour. 

Here's one of the owners giving us a personal tour. 

This pic shows both sides.  It's a big place. State of the art. 

Very interesting.  

Back on the road to the school   A tough 124 km. 

Once again we were treated ro supper and dessert. 
I don't thing I'll lose weight on this leg of the tour. I'm tired and going to rest for a 165 km day tomorrow   
Len. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there and don't push it too hard 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. One smart cookie, that Christiana, wearing the fluffy ear thingies. They work. I know, cause I have some. (Ask my wife about them sometime.) Cat-Ears.com in Boulder, Colorado makes 'em. Might bring along a set or three when we join y'all in Minnesota. Randy B

    ReplyDelete