Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day 20 Chaplin to Regina

Ok I got up at 515 am this morning. No that's not a typo. 96% of the tents were taken down and a bunch of riders were gone. Something about 160km day and a headwind that was going to increase as the day went on. 
By 615 we had the trucks loaded and Ian, Ruben and I headed out. I don't think I've ever seen the sun this low before 
Jim rode with us for the first part. 

Lots of rolling hills. 

It was cool to start and we all took turns leading so we all didn't have to work so hard. 

Saw an old truck. Looked like a 1961 gmc. 

By the time we got to the first rest stop we started to pick people up. 

Ashly was one of the first ones to join. 

We were going 33 km on the straightaways and 25 km up the hills. We were making good time and picking up random people. 

Still managed to get some shots  of a pond we went by. 

The train kept growing.  

Bonita , ed, randy and Bridget came aboard.  

It's a steel cutout of a woman chasing a man with a rolling pin. 
This is the front of the peloton 
And this is behind. We had Sparky and vikki. Karen , eve and Seth. Carolyn and Anita. 16-20 riders at one point. Maybe more.  
We came rolling into the second stop and spirits  were high.  The winds were picking up but we had a almost half the ride done. 

I'm not sure about these signs I've never sen so many symbols without words.  
 We grew the group, inviting everyone who wanted to on board. 
Flat butt beautiful landscapes. 

A well deserved freeze break. 

A lonely building   
In the last few mile there was only 9!of us left 
Through some construction and we were almost home.  Just one more stop to make. 
We hit the drive through at mc ds because the store was closed for renovations. I got my Big Mac after a 160 km day. I think I would cycle every day for a Big Mac.  See you later Len. 

1 comment:

  1. I know you love your big macs, so happy you found one. Enjoy your Sunday...mom

    ReplyDelete