Thursday, July 13, 2017

Day 18 Medicine Hat to gull lake.

So today started with a bang. Actually it was tap, tap , tap- tap tap answered by a woff woff. It was 630. The course just opened. Mark woke us up. It was a good thing. I was just in time to load the gear truck. Off we went. 
Ian started off at a nice ride all day kind of pace. 

After about 15 km the others couldn't take it and left us in the dust. 

The roads are long and straight.  Wide shoulders so we had fun taking shadow pictures. 

Now that's a tall cyclist. 

Reuben is racing his shadow. 

Rolling hills was the order of the day. 

Carries rest stop right on the border 

Photo cred to mark. 

Back on the road. You come to some places along the Hwy and you can't see a house in any direction. 


Some people take this rest stop thing seriously. 

I think he's looking for buffalo. There are lots of signs 

Now that's close. 

At this rest stop we met some people that were riding across the country in classic cars. 

It's a car club called 


That's why we've been seeing so many old cars and trucks pulling campers. They hope to make it to pei by aug 16. A week before us. And we're riding bikes. Sounds like there going to enjoy the ride. 

Too bad its not for a cause. Funny this ride as just a ride would not be the same. I believe we are called to help others how ever we can.  God does his best work through common people. The average guy. Like u and I.    
Remember, dear brothers and sisters , that few of you were wise in the worlds eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 
(1 Cor. 1:26-27 nlt) 

I got these horses to look. 
At carries last rest stop the later riders were feeling the heat.  Ice towels on the heads and ice in the water bottles. 
We went past another mashmellow farm but these ones weren't ripe yet. Keeping my eyes peeled for a giant chocolate  farm. Mind you today was so hot that the chocolate would melt. Reuben's garmin  was reading 40 degrees while we were riding. 

Last rest stop. 26 km to go to the 165 km 

Found some rocks in my back bag. The kids are trying to slow me down. Little do they know it's only making me stronger. 😜

Stopped a few times today to help with some flats. It's great to see the people working together. 

Gull lake. I was expecting to be beside the lake but I don't even know where the lake is. 

I thought of my grandson Austin when I saw this sign. See u all tomorrow    Len. 

No comments:

Post a Comment