Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Day 10 revel to golden

So today started early. Everyone was on the road by 630. 
The scenery started early and kept coming all day. 

After a long climb to start the day it was ups and downs.  

The sun peaked over the mountains and warned us up. 

The white capped mountains behind me I didn't notice till I looked in the mirror. 

Not sure how many pics I can show but in just posting in order and trying to pick the best ones. 

Heading into a tunnel. 

The inside of the tunnel. 

Almost at the first sag stop. 

I took a pic with Albert and George. I thought they took uber to the camp ever day but apparently they do ride. 

Getting close to rogers pass. 

Carries stop at rogers summit. 

The official marker with my favourite rest stop lady. 

We hit a few downs after the pass but ended up having quite the climb yet. 

Glacier park is amazing. 

Everywhere you looked the mountains surrounded us. 

Some guy took this picture and told us if we keep stopping we'll never get to Halifax. 

Glacier fed rivers.  

Their was construction and accidents. Lots of delays for support and cyclists   

 A couple people figured we were cheating so I offered to swap rides. 

As we went by they were just pulling the cab out. 

These views don't get old.  

Panoramic view of the last 20 km of road. 

Finally made it into golden at 2 pm. I may have stopped at mc ds to celebrate. 

We celebrated the ride with steaks for supper. Everyone made it in to camp safe. Some riders were out for 11 hrs. Now that's a long day.   Happy it's over 
See you tomorrow. Len 

1 comment: