Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fulton Illinois to Shabona state park

BAfter a great night of food and music it's time to move on.  With a 30% chance of rain today, and a 90 mile say ahead of us the mood was optimistic in camp. I figured 30% , it's not worth a rain coat for that. I know the book says 71 miles but its happened a lot that the route is changed. After seeing the routes picked there are safety issues, road closures and construction. The team here does a great job of modifying the routes. It seems to add miles to the day but I don't  mind. Some people get pretty upset. I figure if its safer its ok with me. 
We came across this covered bridge this morning. 
As you can see by  my visor in this picture it was raining. The rain started in the morning just as we were leaving and slowed for just a bit 2/3 of the way through. I think the 30% was the not raining part. 
I know it's the same bridge. Lets just say its hard to get pics in the rain. 
Here's Harold adjusting his fenders. I admit I called him a sissy for putting the temporary fenders on. 
By the time we got to Carrie's sag stop it had dried a bit. She was talking to the local paper lady. 
So barb latched onto Harold and I. It worked out good. 
We cycled the last 30 miles together and made good time. It was a hard ride but fun. 
The ladies in the kitchen made a nacho plate and other goodies for snacks. 
They also made a fire  and hot chocolate to warm up. Well it was a good day. No service the last couple days so I'm behind on posting not writing. See you tommorow Len 

3 comments:

  1. I missed reading your blog the last couple of days....I thought maybe you got lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Len, I'm glad you are safe, and God is watching over you and your fellow riders. Look forward to reading more posts as you continue your journey's. Go get em Cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny Cash and pies with icecream, yup life is good. You're past the halfway mark, keep up your great spirit Len.

    ReplyDelete