Monday, July 22, 2013

Fairbury to Firth.

Well I got a couple of pics of my sleeping buddies. Well I guess there not my buddies. Maybe my sleepless buddies
This is his front end 
And here's his tail end. They kinda look the same. I kinda forgot to talk about the secadea bugs that sing all day and most of the night. It's a high pitched buzzing like you electrical wires , except 10 times louder. What's the answer you ask ? Ear plugs. They worked ok. Well actually better than last night. 
Off we went this morning.  We got a nice early start. We puttered out of town am came across a marker. 
It talk about the pony express coming through this area.  
We had more rolling hills today. They were however not hard to climb. We made it to the town of Beatrice in no time. 
Harold thought it be a good time to have a hair cut. This is the before picture. 
While I was a waiting I noticed a couple of deer heads hanging on the wall. Hey Evan they both have drop tines. 
Well here's the after. I think it says beauty shop. I'm not sure if he had his nails done as well. 
As we headed out if town we went past the local airport and saw a crop duster take off. After the airport we got back into the corn fields in a hurry. The next two picks are taken from the same spot on the road. One of the left side, one of the   right side of the road. 
As you can see there is corn as far as the eye can see. On both sides. The shorter mileage today was welcome to most riders. The high mileage says in a row take a toll on your body. They expose your weakest area. Be that knees, back, or whatever bugs you. 
Well we made it to camp oasis. It's just south of Firth. 
Tent set up and ready to go. Looking forward to a nice relaxing night. See you tommorow   Len 

No comments:

Post a Comment