Friday, July 26, 2013

Chairiton to Pella

On the road again. Can't wait to get on the road again. Are you singing yet? I am.  Carrie's coming today. She's going to meet us in pella. Just over fifty miles today. I'm not looking forward to the hills but today they seemed to be a bit easier. 
Today also marks the half way point in mileage terms. It was nice of Al to set up this spot along the route. 
We got close to Knoxville and I finally got a close pic of a crop duster. I've seen them all week but I can't zoom in with my phone or else the pictures go fuzzy. After stopping at the community church for pie , and some more pie. Wow can I eat when I'm riding a bike. It's fun to eat this much. I'm not sure how I'm going to stop when this is over. I just won't think about it. 
We passed Knoxville raceway and noticed they had a museum. Now I'm not the museum type but I dragged Harold in. 
Albert was inside when we got there. The cars were cool 
This is a typical sprint car. Guys like Mario Andretti are famous for this type of racing. 
This line of cars are ones he used. 
Here's an old race car complete with trailer and an old car pulling the setup. This was donated by a lady who's husband was a racer. She gave it all to the museum including spare parts. A cool display. 
Well we went past the largest lake in Iowa. 
It's dam big. 
People were fishing below the dam. 
We crossed the river over a bridge. 
It was nice to see some water a little bigger than a creek. 
We followed the bike path along the river and headed for pella. Along the way we came across a small school house. 
Inside the city of pella we ran into a bunch of signs that told us of some Dutch roots here. 
Well I had to set up my tent to dry it out. We had rain last night. 
You can tell how fast I was biking by my hair. So I'm going to check out the town before Carrie gets here. Ill take some pics and show you tommorow.  See you next time  Len 

2 comments:

  1. Somebody is excited, just talked to Carrie she is 3 hours away. You also made the Christian Courier, sweet!!. Sending it to you per email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading your blog Len.Where are you finishing?.God Bless:)

    ReplyDelete