Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Whitehill to Albany YMCA

We stayed at the marina RV park last night. Everyone went to bed early last night. They were all beat from all the hills yesterday. 
It was a little tight at the park. Carrie gets her ice in the morning and fruit. Then she heads out to whatever sag stop she is that day. 
The marina was at the edge of lake Champlain. The first lock of the Hudson River starts here. 
The first sag stop was busy. A little bit of a lineup for the crapper. 
On the way to the next stop we went through some construction and a few small towns. 
I saw this road sign today and figured they might have to change it at the end of the tour. 
We were in quite a group after the construction. The road was along side the river and we had a headwind. I saw this as an opportunity to get away from the pack. I took of with Harold and Jane in tow. We were going between 30-35 km per hour. George hooked on and so did two other guys. We went about 15 km. till we hit carries sag stop. 
She had a nice spot along the river.
We went back and forth over the rivers today. 
We stopped for coffee and hot chocolate.
Saw these cool bikes in this town. 
And a nice barn along the way. There was also corn but I figured you've seen enough corn for a while. I know I have. 
The next sag stop we saw the green shirts. Kinda cool because we're raising money for supplies so that these awesome volunteers can help people rebuild their homes and lives. 
And among the shirts we found my favourites, Lawrence and Marie. Thanks to them for being there and cheering us on. 
There are lots of old farts along the way, I mean forts and as I was taking a pic of this a young fellow came by and asked what's with all the bikers. 
We told him about it and gave him a seatosea bracelet. Neat kid. 
A minute down the road I got a flat. Now that a nail in your tire. There was only one thing to cure that. 
Yup you guessed it. A Big Mac. Ten minutes after leaving mcds I saw a nice mustang for sale. 
One minute after this pic I went through two pot holes that were 6" deep. Almost over the handle bars again. Water bottle went flying. My brake levers were forced down and my back tire locked up. I'm not sure why I didn't crash. Needless to say my neck is a little sore again 
Crossed another bridge. 
We biked on a trail along the river coming into Albany. By the look on Janes face she can't believe that were almost done 9 weeks of cycling. 
The last bridge for the day. This one was a high one. Nice view though. Climbing today wasn't bad but my body took a beating just the same. I wore my same jersey I wiped out on last week. I'm thinking I might retire that one. 
 See you all tomorrow. Len. 
Today's bounds pics are of an old gas station. 
This car would not look out of place on front of this gas station. 

6 comments:

  1. If you retire that jersey, will we need to hang it from the rafters in the sanctuary or gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Len! that is so great that you had a visit from Lawrence and Marie! very cool. Love the pics, and so glad you didn't flip over the bars again. Can't believe it's only 3 more days! wow! take care and we'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wear that JERSEY again on your trip, I'm not saying I am superstitious, just playing it safe. So cool you saw Sprintonians, three more days, stay safe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you met up with Lawrence & Marie! Definately cool that you didn't go over the handle bars again. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost done Len. I recall the end coming with mixed feelings, but I was mostly glad to not have to bike again until I wanted to! Did you buy the Mustang? Had to laugh a little about George hooking on. He did that a lot in 08. We'd take a look behind and hey, there'd be George. Hey, you're welcome George. lol. Anyhow, here's an early congrats on a job well done. Memories for a life time. Sea to Sea forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep safe, you're on the last leg of an incredible journey, congratulations

    ReplyDelete