Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cornwall to Montreal

After a rough night of sleeping we got up a little later than normal. I knew today it was going to take a little longer to get going. 
This fighter on a stick was right beside our camping site. We headed for Montreal. Along route 2. That took us right along the st Lawrence. 
It was a nice view first thing this morning. Actually it was a nice view at night too. 
I think the next tour should just go back and forth along the st Lawrence. 
Harold, Rudy and I teamed up today. I have to say I'm a little sore today. Even more than yesterday. We took it easy today. Yesterday's route was 117 km and today's was only 107km. Funny I just  saw that I said only 107km. Before I started this tour 100km seemed to be a mountain too high to climb. 
A sailboat went by. Well we're  not that slow. But we did take it a little easy. 
We came to the Ontario , Quebec border. 
This two sided monument was on some guys front lawn. I'm not sure but I don't think they were real impressed with everyone taking pics on his lawn. 
As soon as we crossed the line everything was in French only. The guys thought I was going to know what all the French ment. This pic was an old wooden lock. That was no longer in use. 
We went by a series of dams. 
Nice scenery seems to make the km go by real fast. 
We found Rudy's cartoon double. 
We had to go through a tunnel that went under a canal. 
Out the other side. We were wondering what the tunnel was for. 
We came across a huge hydro generating plant. 
We crossed a bridge and headed for the Indian reserve were staying on tonight. 
You know it feels weird cause we're only a few miles from Montreal but on the reserve all the signs went back to English   Even the stop signs. Well the last 10 km was some rough roads. I'm feeling a little beat up today. My whole body is sore and I'm starting to feel it. Good to have an extra day off 
Today's bonus pic is some of my battle scars. Not the one on my cheek. 
Nose and forehead. 
Elbows. 
Shoulder. 
Left leg. 
Back and a matching one on my butt. 
See you tommorow Len 
Looking forward to a day off. 

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you have a great day of rest tomorrow and that by Monday you aren't hurting anymore :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Len, take it easy cousin, i know you can do anything, but you have to take care of yourself too. May god, grant fast healing, give you strength to complete your ride, safe journey for everyone. I'm glad we got to hangout, looking forward to you great blogs. Take care and God Bless you all :) GO LEN GO ... GO TEAM KOOY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch for sure, please Lord give Len strength, and quick healing. Enjoy your day off both of you. love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Len - Only a week to go! Hopefully it is all downhill with the wind towards your back! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch..that's some Handle-bar Battle Scars. Hope they heal quick!, thinking and praying for you all in this coming week!

    ReplyDelete