Friday, August 16, 2013

Brockville to Cornwall



So I woke up this morning feeling stiff. I took a couple of ibuprofen. That's something I don't do. That's how Carrie knows if I'm hurting. We had bacon and eggs for breakfast. What a treat. Thanks tante Diane. 
Downtown brockville. Lots of military history. 
Just out of town we were treated to cinnamon    rolls and eggs. Thanks to brockville for there hospitality. The group was also treated to supper by them last night. 
We rolled into Prescott. It was also a military town. Biking along the st Lawrence is very cool. Lots to see and lots of history. It's been some of my favourite riding.
The bridge in Prescott. 

 Jane , Harold and Barb on my tail. 
These are cool lawn ornaments that are usually floating In the river.
Some of the guys did a time trial between sag stops. I was a little disappointed that I was hurt and not up for the time trial. 
I saw this plane flying in the distance. When we got closer it landed and we got close and checked it out.  Two people could ride for 160$. 
The plane was from 1941. Being a mechanic I saw oil on the side of the plane. I thought this would be good to watch.
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I know when to run and hide. I think being a mechanical guy isn't always good. If I was more oblivious I probably would have gone up. 
Oh well, with the stiff neck and body full of scrapes and bruises I'm trying to lay low for at least one or two days. 
We took a little detour on a few islands. 
Here's a map of the islands. It was nice and quiet on the roads. 
We got into Cornwall and had supper. 
Thanks and ill see you tommorow. Len  
I'm not sure if you noticed but I'm wearing a new helmet. My old one is cracked. It had messages from the kids and grand kids. 
The ones on this side got scraped off by the road. Austin and Andrew got rubbed off. 
Thomas was on top and got pulverized. I don't like my new helmet. So I'm going to see if MEC in Montreal has the same one I used to have. I was the guy who thought we don't need helmets. I'm not that guy any more. Thanks for your prayers. The scrapes and bruises are starting to heal. Sleeping is a little tough. There's not a side of me that doesn't hurt or that's scraped. My neck is real sore and stiff. Carrie massaged it a bit tonight and it is starting to loosen up. Hopefully I can get a better nights sleep tonight. 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. As I was going through the pictures I noticed the helmet - was wondering what was going on. Glad it kept you safe! Tom is pretty disappointed he got pulverized - apparently his was "the best". Johan is wondering if you were still wearing your tutu when you fell :) Enjoy going through your favourite province tomorrow ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more day Len, then hopefully that day of rest will help to heal those injuries. Then the homeward stretch!!, prayers continue for you, Carrie and the Sea to Sea team. It will be a week of happy/sad feelings I'm sure. Love from us all in the marsh. Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer for you is to "Sleep well, heal fast, and stay strong"
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete