Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kingston to brockville

Last night we stayed with Steve and Julia   
It was nice to spend time with family. Steve took us to queens to see where he works. Neat place. 
We road past Kingston pen. It's maximum security. 
This is a full size train downtown Kingston. 
This one is my size. 
What a sweet hotel. Can't you just see the horse and buggies tied up front. 
Crossing the bridge out of Kingston. 
We're heading for the boat ride. 
Almost there. We're cycling along the st Lawrence river. Great views. No spectacular views. 
Harold had his first Tim Hortons. I tried to give Jane a kiss and this is what happened. Well actually, 
Jane got a bee sting on her lip. I stopped about three km from the boat tour to take my tights off. I jumped back on my bike without putting them away properly. I was getting g back up to speed when all of a sudden I found myself tumbling head over heals. Apparently the legs of my pants got sucked into the front tire and stopped it dead. Larry and Sheri were behind me. They stopped and helped me collect myself. I picked up my bike and looked at it. I couldn't get my pants out so I had to take my front wheel off and noticed that the bead on my tire was off. I let the air out , and fixed the bead. Pumped it back up. The bike was ready to go. Them I washed out the scrapes with water and put hand sanitizer on them. I biked to the boat, which was about 3 km further down. If I had of known that I would have waited to take them off. Oh well. I got on the boat with Carrie 
It was a three hour tour. Ok only one hour. 
Saw some great castles. 
It was a good brake for me. 
The ladies on the upper deck were enjoying the scenery. 
I've actually been drinking like crazy. Now I have a rosey nose. 
John had one to many too. 
Actually we planted this by him while he was sleeping. He had a 15$ nap on a boat. 
We made it to brockville. Michelle and Shawn met us at the park. Thanks guys.  We then went to tante Dianne's house. We had a great dinner with my cousins. So nice to be around family. 
Even Mark cme by to see me. 
Well I'm tired and sore off to bed. See you tommorow.  Len. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy that you are okay Len, hopefully you won't be too stiff tomorrow....those darn tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you fixed your bike before you fixed yourself! Oh wait.. yes I can :p Glad to hear you and your bike are okay! (In that order..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a great attitude, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the love you are getting from the Kooy's out there! Glad you are ok! Love the cool castles - didn't know we had those in Ontario! Might have to take a road trip out that way. Ride safe today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like Rocky Balboa now, perhaps it makes you look a little tougher in tights and/or a tutu. Hugs to you and Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear your injuries didn't hold you back.
    Keep up the great work you are doing.
    Nice for you to enjoy your family and get some TLC from them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had an awesome time Len,Carrie and Harold. Praying that you and your of team riders have a safe, great weather, and healing for your wounds. Great Job Len, Harold and Carrie :).

    ReplyDelete