Friday, August 18, 2017

Day 54 montmagny to rivière du loup

Last night I had to fix two spoke nipples and I noticed my front tire, which was formerly my back tire was breaking apart and pretty much worn out. So I put my tire that I got with the bike in 2013 back on. Am I expecting too much for a tire to last more than 6000 km . is it the Dutch in me. 
I  woke up this and my cheering section was ready to go. Aren't they awesome. 

We were just about to leave when I noticed the bead on my front tire wasn't seated properly. We fixed it and away we went. 

We biked in veiw of the st Lawrence all day. 

Lots of cute little houses that are very coulerful. 
We stopped to enjoy the scenery. 


Saw this sweet old truck. 
Reuben took this nice pano. We noticed a cool ship just up the road. 
Since we were just taking  our time enjoying the ride, we stopped at this museum.  

All ship related stuff. 

Look at Reuben in his sweet New Jersey next to this cool light. 

We went through a town with cool sculptures. 

We snaked our way through a construction zone. 

Waterfall and a mill.  

Randy and Marsha. 

We went through a town that had a bunch of sculpture places. 

Billy's new bike. 

This was a cool little shop. 

This used to be a watch tower. 

Nice farming. Places. 

This was a funky  place. 

The girls had coffee at this place. 

Not many of these old bridges left. 

Carries stop across from a ice cream place. 

I got a nice New Jersey in Quebec City. 

Can't get enough of these veiws. 

I'm sure the tables in this place have edges on them so the plates don't fall off. 

Still smiling regardless of the headwind. 

It was kinda like riding in the planes for a large part of today. Flat farm fields with little protection from the wind. 

Would have liked to stop for a pony ride. 

What a great day. We spent a little more time on the roads then we would have liked to because of the wind. But who thought you could cross the country without a little wind , rain , sun , heat. I mean this is Canada. Still loving the ride.  Len. 

2 comments:

  1. been loving following you along, hit refresh a few times today waiting for your daily post!! you have such a great attitude - been thankful to be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Keep pedaling your in the homeward stretch. Thanks for taking time to share. Hopefully a little less wind in the face and light on the rainfall.

    ReplyDelete