Friday, August 4, 2017

Day 40. In Canada blind river.

I woke up this morning to the sound of heavy rain. It was still dark and Carrie passed me ear plugs. Then Annie looked at me and cuddled up behind my nee's. I did manage to fall asleep again. It was an early day. We are going over the border. Reuben and I left last. 
The roads were still wet from the early rain. 

We met in a parking lot just around the corner from the US gate. 

These guys are raring to go. Canada here we come. 

Here we go over the bridge. 

Looks like George ate too many beans. 

Reuben took this one on the bridge. 
Gayle  welcomed  us to Canada. 

I was ready to check in here for a nap. 

A Loonie with a loonie. 

We bailed after the first rest stop under a car port for a1/2 hr.  we waited till the rain stopped. 

The roads were wet but the sky was clearing.  

Lots of winding roads. 

The sun started to come out. 

Aren't these horses cute. 

We saw lots of these signs along the road 

Rudy checking out the horse and buggy. 

This family was looking and pointing at Rudy on his bike. Talk about role reversal. 

We had poutine at this stop from a chip wagon. It tasted great. 

Jim was soaked so Carrie gave him one of my jerseys. 

Another barn. They look different the the ones in Michigan. 

Thankfully we didn't go on a bike trail today. 

I love the old of the wagon. The horse. Then there's the high Tec cooler and the latest in plastic folding tables. Not to mention the made in China tarp. Mmmm

Riding along he blind river. 

The town welcomed us. I took this pic riding over the train track. I see it says cycle safely. Oops 
Here's camp. 
Not a bad place to spend the night. So overall great day. We managed to stay dry all day. The border crossing went good and another 158 km in the books. Tomorrow 160.km it's been a long week   Tomorrow we head to the cottage forsatersay afternoon and Sunday. So I won't be in camp till Sunday night. Later. 
Len 

No comments:

Post a Comment