Monday, July 25, 2016

SeatoSea day 2.

So I'm writing this blog on carries phone because we swapped phones today. This is actually the second time I'm writing part of this apparently when u go out of this app without saving to fix the fact her photos won't up load everything disappears. The morning started with much optimism. 
After climbing into town last night we figured more hills right away. We lucked out. 12 km of relatively flat riding.  Could this be the Iowa that everyone says is flat. I actually make a point of not studying the next day's ride. Had I, I would have known that we were in for 75.2 miles and 4000 feet of climbing. As we were riding I was surprised to have so many people ask me about SeatoSea. Great to tell them about the great work of world renew and the other SeatoSea partners.
The riders were tight at first but seemed to spread out a lot quicker then yesterday. The climbing started at 12 km and didn't stop till the end of the ride.
  
Caught a pic of a few old cars. 
This truck is like to take home with me. 
Climbing lots of hills. People were a little less chatty today. 
Saw a bunch of different bike setups. 
What a collection of people. All Gods children. 
We met Carrie in Corning. 
This is Joanne passing a cool barn. 
A couple of old trucks in town. 
I had my first piece of pie. It was great. 
The last 1/3 of the day was a tough grind. The hills are too far apart to carry momentum from one hill to the next. Lowest gear and find your happy place. 
As we passed people cheering us on said just two more hills. Even the signs on the road said two more hills. I think it's an Iowa inside joke. It was 20 more hills. 
So my knee has been achy but holding up. Today was the biggest test. The last 30 km Joanne and I would screem down the hills and then putter up the other side trying to keep our knees from giving out. After rolling out our legs and icing our knees well head to bed and see what tomorrow brings. Talk to you tomorrow 
Len. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment