Friday, July 29, 2016

Ragbrai seatosea day 6

Good morning all. Last night I was writing my blog and at 1030 the fireworks began. 
Got up to the melodious sound of tent poles klicking,outhouse doors slamming. 
25 people deep on our washrooms. 
50 deep on the other ones. So after I was ready to go Joanne and Wayne said I'll meet you at the end of the gravel road. After checking three park exits and traveling 3 km I got a call from Carrie asking where I am. It took me another 6 km to catch up to them. In hindsight it was a good warmup for the 10%+ slope in the first 3 km. 
Today the hills started steep but later it turned into a nice rolling hill day. It was overcast all morning with rain threatening. I never rained on us. 
The crowds were still pretty thick for most of the day. It doesn't seem to thin out until after the meeting town. 
We met terry and some other seatosea riders at truck today. 
This lady was part of the airforce cycling group and they would stop and help people that were stuck on the side of the road. They are awesome. 
This is Ragbrai's version of billy. 
Met my wife at the meeting town. 
This house has a few signs. 
This is a sprayer that sprays corn. Sweet unit. 
We were greeted by a bagpiper. I think it made me climb the hill faster to get away 
From the sound. 
In town safe and sound. One day left. 


1 comment:

  1. Bob is worried that the portapotties are full to overflowing by the time you get your turn. I assume lots of bare bottom betties

    ReplyDelete