Thursday, July 28, 2016

Ragbrai seatosea day 3.

Today was great day. We got up at 6 ish to the familiar sound of clicking tent poles. I knew I was in Iowa because a train blew its horn in the middle of the night. Then around four in the morning someone drove a hotrod around the park we were tented in. Just like old times. 
Still smiling in the morning thanks to ear plugs. 
The ride was true to Iowa. Lots of hills that are just too far apart to carry momentum from down to up. Wayne Joanne and I ran into sue and Susan and mark. 
As we came into diagonal it looked strangely familiar. Everybody gets off their bikes and walks through the town. 
We found terry and the seatosea in the parking lot of the "united Presbyterian baptist church". No kidding that was the name. The truck is working great. I had three people ask me what this seatosea thing all about. This opens the door to let people know about this great cause. Other cyclists reported the same thing. 
Now most people lift their bikes in celebration but I decided to lift a car. 
Here are a bunch of tractors for the farmers. Not sure what kind the are. Must be a grave yard. When we got back to the campsite we found out there was a outdoor community pool we could use for three dollars. It was a welcome relief tithe high heat. As I sat in the pool the thermometer on the wall read 110 degrees. It was hot. 
At night Nancy did some repairs.
Safe and sound for another day.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm having flashbacks!! Thanks for the blog posts; wish I were there. Prayers for safety for all!

    ReplyDelete