Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 5 Johnson can to red streak

Wow it's Monday cool overnight, great for sleeping. Now hat Carrie got an extra blanket I've been warm enough to sleep well. Slept so well that we got up and all the tents were down except a few. 
After a quick breakfast we got on the road and started motoring. Carrie passed us on her way to her rest stop. We were one of the last ones out. I think people were in a but of a panic to get out fearing a tough hot day. 
After crossing over a bridge we head towards radium springs. About 120 km today. Soon we were into a long steady climb. 

My hernia was bugging me so I took it easy on the climb. This left me a little behind the group. However they waited for me at the top of the climb. 
The first sag stop was a welcome sight that even had flush toilets. The scenery was still amazing. So much so that I'm almost getting used to it and taking it for granted. The pass we're heading through had a fire a few years ago. We also went past the continental divide. And we rode into BC. 
We saw some people stopped along the side of the road. They were looking at 4 wolves eating something. I took a picture thru their binoculars so I hope it works   
There's two eating and  one behind the tree in the rocks sleeping. 
There's also one across the creek in the bushes I think he's hanging out to eat when the others are done. 
The views we amazing. You can see the regrowth happening after the fire. 
After carries rest stop we had a long run before our next big climb. 
Jane-barb , bob and I took turns pulling. I'm finally feeling like I can contribute a bit more. 

Last sag stop before the town. On the way down a moose ran in front of Jane so I stopped and flagged other riders to come and check him out. 
Nice ah Kendall ? 
We drove through the rocks to get to the town. It was cool. The climb into the camp ground was steep but the wildlife made it worth it. 
I rode right past a deer. A big horn sheep. Not too shabby. 
We arrived to camp around 3 so we shuttled to the hot springs for a couple hours before supper. It was awesome. Another great day. Enjoying the ride and the people. Also getting good opportunities to spend the word about poverty. Off to bed. See you all tommorow.  Len. 

1 comment: