Saturday, February 2, 2013

Struggling

It's been awhile since I've posted. Let me share some of the things that have been going on in the last while. I've been riding an exercise bike with a seat from mountain bike. I'm riding an hour every other day. I didn't know pain like I know it now. I thought I could just work through the pain from the seat. I tried but I've figured out after a month of riding this seat is not working. The legs, the heart-no problem but the rear end? Trouble.. I started having pain in the groin and figured it was a muscle strain from hockey but after four weeks its still there. I went to the doctor who sent me for an ultrasound. It made me start to doubt if this is really something I should be doing. I've been telling anyone who will listen about sea to sea. I tell them I'm riding to raise money and awareness for poverty. Sounds good they tell me but the fundraising isn't really happening. That's another struggle for me. Keep soldering on I tell myself and back on that pain in the butt seat. Finally some good news. A friend gives me a contact for someone who will give me a road bike at cost. Things are looking up I'm feeling optimistic. I head to the warehouse to pick up the bike but they don't have the bike I want in my size They might be able to bring one in from the states. I'm struggling again thinking okay Lord is this a sign with no sponsors, no bike, sore butt, groin pain.. Maybe this is something I shouldn't be doing Could that be your answer? Are you saving me some money and heartache along with some other aches? I start thinking to myself, is my God not bigger than this? Can He not help me physically? Financially? You bet He can. These are all obstacles I can overcome with His strength through me. I think I started to lose sight of the real goal and the real cause. I'm here worried about things that are solvable. "Trust in me God says and I'll take care of everything "
I got the initial results back from the doctor and things are okay and look to be fine. I put a bigger seat on my exercise bike and experience some relief for the first time in awhile. I've been enjoying reading the posts on Sea to Sea. It's good to hear updates and questions answers about bike stuff. Seeing as I'm new to biking I'm learning to take advice. Yesterday I brought a Brooks seat. I put it on my exercise bike and rode for 70 minutes. Well it's no pillow I'm sitting on but I'll give it some time. Prayers is what I need-lots of them. Keeping my chin up and head down. Pedal to the metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment